Tuesday, April 20, 2010


Phew! We've been on the move, staying in places with no wifi access and my mobile modem wouldn't work in Eire. Now we're  in Northern Ireland, staying in a B&B with free wifi and I have a bit of catching up to do.

Plus we have to check whether we can actually get out of Ireland on Wednesday as scheduled. The airports are still closed and we have to work out whether to go to Zurich by ferries and trains or stay extra time in Ireland waiting for a hypothetical plane trip. We've been hearing some horror travel stories - of people using all sorts of transport to get back to Ireland. Some of the UK airports were open this afternoon and the airlines are kicking up a fuss about the ultra-cautious response to the ash cloud because down time is costing them millions every day so maybe there's a glimmer of hope.

Hopefully the planes will be in the air again in a fortnight's time so we can fly back to Australia! Pam, you might be organising the Deakin exams for me if we're stuck in Switzerland :)

No comments:

Post a Comment